laser-eyed leopard

jaguar


Last Sunday, I went to the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago, where I met some fabulous Cat Bloggers.  This picture is from the Cat House, of a leopard.  Leopards and jaguars may look alike, both members of the Panthera family, but jaguars are from Central and South America, while leopards are from sub-Saharan Africa and isolated populations in southern Asia.
When I took this picture, at first it just looked like two dots in blackness, but I was able to use the 'curves' function in Picnik to lighten it, and I love the way it turned out, with the rich colors but still the laser-reflection in the eyes.
For another of my Lincoln Park Zoo pics, check out today's It's A Blog Eat Blog World.
Cheers,
Not The Mama




post signature

Mo and The Purries

6 comments :

  1. Wow! It makes us proud to know we're related to something as handsome as that leopard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA! Dat is sum big kitty an' dose eyez would skeer da 'nip outta anyone dat seez dem in da dark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lighting makes it look very mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:47 PM

    OH wows! His furrs looks like velevt.. I bet he would be wonderful to snuggle withs, I mean he is a cousin and all..though.. after seeing those scary eyes .. maybe not heheh
    V-V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sizing you up for lunch NTM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a big kitty! Mom Peggy (Laila and Minchie's mom) invited my mom to come up last weekend to meet the midwestern catbloggers, but mom had a conflict! She really wanted to meet everyone.

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ comments!

But all spam comments will be deleted - so don't even bother spamming us, or we will scratch your eyes out!!!

Instagram